Irish coffee

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Seoul Jazz Fes

Exciting & Soulful city, Seoul.

I went there with Takatsuki jazz spirits.

Born in Kurashiki, lived in Kobe, reached to Taktsuki, and went to Ireland for 4 years.
Returned to Taktsuki with celtic spirits.

I had difficulty coping with Japanese fast pace, after living in Dulin.
Also was affected by the coldness and darkness in winter.
I suffer from stress desease for 7 years. I was already depressed in Dublin in early spring time since 1996 but I didn't notice it.

When the spring comes in Japan I gradually become fine and sometimes travel.
Enjoying afterglow of Takatsuki Jazz Street, I went to Seoul to see woulter hamel band.
It was gorgeous!!! I was fascinated with the passion of Korean fans. Very exciting.

So as The Swell Season, (Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova Duet Performance) Liam O Maonlai (Pianist) Madeleine Peyroux, Matt Bianco, Tower of Power!!

Do they come to Seoul on the way to Japan? No. The opposite I think. They come to Seoul and Japan afterwards. They come because they love Korean fans!

After playing samba at amateur band on the Grafton street in Dublin, I noticed it. Dubliners were very generous for street musicians. Well, things might be changed
after the corruption of celtic tiger. That's why European musicians moved to Asia, especially
Korea after 14-16 hours plane ride. It is worth doing I think.

I don't say that Korea is generous for people with problems. But it is better than Japan,
I think. I really enjoyed Seoul Jazz fes and a private live at Ide Women's Univ.
Seoul where new and old culture coexists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home